Other date ideas:
Go for a walk (holding hands)...
- Start with your neighborhood. Fresh air and exercise can give you a new perspective.
- Try a walk around beautiful Cascades Park.
- Window shop at Jackson Crossing (it's good for all ages -- from strollers to walkers).
- Enjoy nature at the Falling Waters Trail, which goes from Concord to Jackson.
- There are many businesses and happenings dowtown -- take a stroll and check them out.
- Just go for coffee and dessert and savor the flavor of time together.
- Try an afternoon matinee (they are cheaper, less crowded, and extra cozy)
- Explore Ella Sharp park trails.
- Check out the local art scene -- it can spark conversation and romantic feelings.
If you're willing to put a little more time and thought into dating your mate...
- Put the kids to bed early and have an indoor picnic together
- Surprise your mate with a "guess where we are going date?" Then,
- Do a road rally of fast food restaurants. Drive through and order one of your favorite items from each place. Then take the food and eat under the stars (airport viewing spot, Cascades, any local lake)
- Warm up together after ice cream and ice skating.
- Go for a drive around Jackson County and gather ideas for your dream home.
For bigger budgets, more time or special occasions...
- Stay overnight at a local bed and breakfast. You don't have to go too far away to get away.
- Make reservations and have flowers delivered during dinner.
- Hire a limo driver for the evening, so you can just concentrate on each other.
- Send a special invitation to your date at work, tell him/her when/where to meet you.